From FOGProject Wiki
Does FOG work on Debian?
- On Debian squeeze, with FogProject 0.32 select the 'Ubuntu' option in the installer. You must also edit
- TFTP_DIRECTORY=/tftpboot --Milantha 08:49, 2 February 2012 (MST)
- We have not tested on Debian however it has been reported that selecting the 'Ubuntu' option in the installer works on Debian.
- I installed using ubuntu instructions and FOG .28 and it is working fine on Debian Lenny. I then upgraded to .29 with no issues. --Hillie 14:03, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- I'm testing FOG on Xen Server with Debian Lenny on virtual machine, choosing Ubuntu install, there are some minor issues:
- error during isntallator about missing file /etc/*release (it just fails to detect the suggested distribution scheme)
- mysql root password is strongly advised, rember to edit fog config.php in /var/www
- the rest looks like is working properly (so far, well ubuntu comes from debian anyway), later I will try to set it up on standalone machine (non virtual). --KaszpiR 16:01, 26 March 2009 (MST)