From FOGProject Wiki
Below are the knowledge base articles on this wiki. We will add more as we resolve and work around any issues.
- Is there an installer for Debian?
- Can I run the FOG Server on a MAC (G4)?
- Does FOG work with Windows 2000?
- Does FOG work with Windows 2003?
- Does FOG work with Windows 2008?
- Will FOG work with VMWare?
- What OSes does FOG Server run on?
- Where are images stored?
- Default Username and Password?
- What Operating Systems can be imaged with FOG?
- Can I image SATA drives with FOG?
- Does Fog support SAS?
- Ubuntu 12.04 static ip configuration
- How to remote control a computer through FOG
- How to multicast over a router
- How can I modify the init.gz file?
- After making one image, can I change the Windows Serial Number?
- How do I upgrade FOG?
- How to forward Wake-on-LAN and DHCP traffic from one subnet to another subnet.
- How to create an XP image that will deploy across different hardware types.
- How to modify the PXE menu color / font
- How to modify the default pxe boot menu background.
- Using FOG on removable media.
- Wake On LAN Bug workaround
- How to use the wakeonlan perl script instead of etherwake.exe
- Using a Snapin to update ntuser.man
- Uninstall FOG
- Installing SVN version of FOG
- Change FOG Server IP Address
- How to get Macintosh's Netboot working with your FOG server
- Make Snapins Using FOSS
- Adding Storage to a FOG Server
- Bonding Multiple NICs
- Moving your images directory/Adding Storage to the Images directory
- How to translate FOG
- Booting/Imaging a computer without PXE capable Network Card
- Using FOG with an unmodifiable DHCP server/ Using FOG with no DHCP server
- How to install window XP using unattended and FOG
- Build FOG file system with BuildRoot - init.gz
- Build FOG Core Kernel
- Switching to gpxelinux on Ubuntu FOG server
- Installing the FOG Bypass Host Registration
PXE Menu Editing / Adding 3rd party software support
- Boot looping and Chainloading
- Include DOS based applications into the PXE boot menu
- Include GParted in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include SystemRescueCD in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include DSL in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include Puppy Linux in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Create Custom Fog Registration process in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include Parted Magic in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include any ISO in the FOG Bootmenu
- Edit PXE menu to create sub menus
Knowledge Base Articles
Installation and Configuration
The FOG Interface
- gunzip not found
- You receive the error: unable to move /images/dev/macaddress to /images/name-of-image when creating an image
- I keep getting Error: extended record needed, what do I do?
- Vista won't boot after being imaged?
- Vista Image says 0xc000000e \windows\system32\winload.exe can not be loaded
- Error mounting NFS server 127.0.0.1
- Unable to start task either image, or MAC address is null
- Kernel Parameters
- Moving Between Servers
- Supported Snapin's and Command Line Switches
- Debug Mode is asking me for a password