From FOGProject Wiki
Below are the knowledge base articles on this wiki. We will add more as we resolve and work around any issues.
- Can I use my existing DHCP Server?
- What is PXE?
- What is iPXE?
- Rate/Bandwidth limiting
- Unicast vs. Multicast vs. Torrent-Cast
- Red Hat
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) - 5.3
- Can I run the FOG Server on a MAC (G4)?
- Where are images stored?
- Default Username and Password?
- Can I image SATA drives with FOG?
- Does Fog support SAS?
- Ubuntu 12.04 static ip configuration
- Is there an installer for Debian? (outdated)
Knowledge Base Articles
Installation and Configuration
- Booting into FOG and Uploading your first Image
- Deploying your Image a single client
- Deploying your Image a group of clients
- FOG on a MAC
- NAS Storage Node
- tftp timeout....
- Unable to connect to TFTP
- MySQL setup error when installing
- Installing Windows TFTP Client
The FOG Interface
- gunzip not found
- You receive the error: unable to move /images/dev/macaddress to /images/name-of-image when creating an image
- I keep getting Error: extended record needed, what do I do?
- Vista won't boot after being imaged?
- Vista Image says 0xc000000e \windows\system32\winload.exe can not be loaded
- Error mounting NFS server 127.0.0.1
- Unable to start task either image, or MAC address is null
- Kernel Parameters
- Moving Between Servers
- Supported Snapin's and Command Line Switches
- Debug Mode is asking me for a password
- Slow upload and download
FOG PXE/iPXE Menu
- Boot looping and Chainloading
- Create Custom Fog Registration process in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Edit PXE menu to create sub menus
- How to modify the default pxe boot menu background.
- How to modify the PXE menu color / font
- Include DOS based applications into the PXE boot menu
- Include GParted in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include SystemRescueCD in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include DSL in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include Puppy Linux in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include Parted Magic in the FOG Bootmenu.
- Include any ISO in the FOG Bootmenu
- Auto_driver_Install (Windows)
- How to create an XP image that will deploy across different hardware types. (Windows)
- How to get Macintosh's Netboot working with your FOG server (MAC)
- What Operating Systems can be imaged with FOG? (ALL)
- Bonding Multiple NICs
- Change FOG Server IP Address
- Not passing PXE, or ProxyDHCP...NO PROBLEM Cisco
- How to multicast over a router
- Adding Storage to a FOG Server
- Using FreeNAS as a StorageNode
- Using Windows Server as a nfs storage node
- Moving your images directory/Adding Storage to the Images directory
- How do I upgrade to Fog 1.x.x (0.29,0.30,0.31,0.32 --> 1.x.x)
- How do I upgrade to a particular revision?
- How do I upgrade to Fog trunk & How do I upgrade to Fog SVN
- How to forward Wake-on-LAN and DHCP traffic from one subnet to another subnet.
- Wake On LAN Bug workaround (FOG version 0.21 only)
- How to use the wakeonlan perl script instead of etherwake.exe
- After making one image, can I change the Windows Product Key?
- Fog Tweaks
- How can I modify the init.gz file?
- Make Snapins Using FOSS
- How to remote control a computer through FOG
- Using FOG on removable media.
- Using a Snapin to update ntuser.man
- How to translate FOG
- Booting/Imaging a computer without PXE capable Network Card
- Using FOG with an unmodifiable DHCP server/ Using FOG with no DHCP server
- How to install window XP using unattended and FOG
- Build FOG file system with BuildRoot - init.gz
- Switching to gpxelinux on Ubuntu FOG server
- Installing the FOG Bypass Host Registration
- Debug Mode
- Is PC compatible with FOG kernel
- Active Directory - FOG Setting
- The time in the logs and dashboard are off
- PXE error code
- Error Messages
- Uninstalling FOG Service on WinXP clients
- Boot looping and Chainloading
- Setting up and building UDPCast...Failed!
- Looking at the network packets using tcpdump and wireshark
- Troubleshoot TFTP